Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday Mornings

The alarm goes off at 5:35. I fumble for the snooze button and manage to hit it. Again at 5:45, finally at 5:50 I roll out of bed. I stumble to the bathroom trying not to make any noise. Brush my teeth, wash my face, put in contacts and slip on my flip flops. I leave the house literally still in my jammies. When I arrive at 6:00 there are 3, sometimes 5, close friends, and hot coffee. We talk only briefly. And then we pray. For one hour we sit before the Lord and acknowledge that He is sovereign, powerful, loving, patient, just. We confess our sinfulness. We thank God for who He is and what He has done and continues to do for us. And we beseech Him to heal, strengthen, lift up, protect, guide, impart wisdom and above all to show His glory. And He is faithful, He is always faithful.

No comments: