Margo Mae is 4 months old! And yes, I took her 4 months pictures in her jammies. Oh well, she looks cute in anything.
Are you supposed to have a well child check up at 4 months? This is probably something I should remember, but I don't. Are there 4 month shots? I think I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow to find out. Anyway, all that to say, I'm not sure how much she weighs right now. She has moved into her 3-6 month clothing. When my boys were 4 months old they were wearing 6-12 month clothing!
This smile is constant. If you make eye contact with her, this is what you get. Every. Time.
Signs that she's the youngest of four children:
* She gets a bath about once a week. Is this awful or what? I frequently wipe her down with washcloths, does that count?
* I'm constantly finding food/sticky stuff on her head from all the kisses she receives.
* She barely makes a peep before someone is at her side. The other kids have "Margo Radar" and can hear her anywhere in the house.
* She is NOT startled by loud noises. Loud noises are a common occurrence in our house.
For my memory:
*This sweet girl is so laid back and happy. She constantly has someone in her face, kissing her, talking to her, pulling her arms and legs and she puts up with it all. She rarely fusses when her siblings love on her.
* Our "normal" routine right now includes 3-4 naps a day, sleeping 11 hours at night and nursing 5 times a day. She is showing signs of dropping a feeding, but it just doesn't seem right for a 4 month old to only nurse 4 times a day! She's growing fine though.
* A fabulous tummy sleeper. She puts herself to sleep with the help of a pacifier. She's constantly sucking on her hands and I'm hopeful she'll soon find her thumb.
* She has rolled over (tummy to back) twice. She's working HARD to do it more often.
* She has beautiful blue eyes and a reddish tent to her hair! Her Papa Jim has slightly red hair, so it's in the genes!
* Her smile lights up the room. Her siblings love to try and make her smile. It's such a reward for them when they turn to me and say "I made Margo smile!".
* When she gets excited she does the full body smile where her little arms and legs flail about.
* This child is such a JOY. Thank you Jesus for the gift of Margo Mae. We are blessed indeed.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
I took this picture on the way home from Kansas City a few weeks ago. I stumbled upon it in iphoto the other day and was struck by their resemblance. Wow. Of all our kiddos, these two look the most alike. I think Margo is going to look very similar as she grows up too. It's that upper lip, a marker of the Clements Kids.