Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So I've been thinking.....

....that somedays I wish I got graded on how well I did the grocery shopping and cooking for my family. Yes, I know, I'm weird like that. But seriously, grocery shopping and cooking are a really big part of my life (I NEVER thought I'd say that). And, most weeks, I give it quite a bit of thought and energy.

So here's what I'm thinking. After checking out and paying for my groceries, I'd walk over to a little booth with an extremely gracious woman inside, she'd smile kindly, we'd talk about my beautiful kids and then she would grade me on how well I did that day.

She could grade me on how many fruits and vegetables are in my cart, how well I did at keeping things preservative free, all the high fiber, grainy foods, etc. And then if I come in under $80 then I get extra credit!!!

Of course, that same lady would smile and wave (smile and wave boys, just smile and wave...name that quote anyone?) on those days when I don't have the time or energy to plan well and my cart is questionably full.

And of course she'd always overlook that little bit of chocolate that jumped off the shelf and into my cart :)

Anybody with me on this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lins,
You may not get your A at the grocery store, but you do get to add jewels to your crown in heaven.
Nancy

April said...

Hi Lindsay,
I read a really sweet post the other day from a mom of 6 or 8 or more....I dunno, more kids than I have, anyway, she said the best advice she ever got from another mom was that the most important thing for her to do was to feed and clothe her family and if she got those two things done she was doing great.

So, great job Lindsay!!! I give you an A+ and a gold star for being able to feed your family on a budget and a restricted diet, that is not easy.