Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ahh the Innocence

Today the boys saw that famous scene from Lady and the Tramp where the 2 dogs are eating the spaghetti and end up lip locked. Brennan, who was watching quite intently, is laughing hysterically at the scene. He gives me the 5 yr old play back...

B: "Mom, that was so funny! The two dogs were eating the same piece of spaghetti and then they bumped noses!"

I stand there waiting for it to hit him....waiting, waiting, waiting....NOTHING! He has NO IDEA that the dogs are KISSING! We've hit the poopy jokes, the naked jokes, the hit each other in the "privates" jokes, but apparently we're nowhere near the kissing jokes yet!! Ahhh, the innocence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good one. I love it!

-wg

Unknown said...

So the opposite in my world. I've never heard a poop joke and yet my girls sigh dreamily over kissing scenes (particularly Elise).