Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Wow, this was our first BIG Halloween. With a child in school, holiday celebrations jump to a new level. I've always held to the idea that we don't as much "celebrate" Halloween as "participate" in it. Brennan's school had a fall party but there was nothing fall about it. It was a full spread of Halloween themed foods (none of which he could eat), ghosts hanging from the ceiling, etc. It was fun, but somewhat overwhelming.

The boys did have a great time in their costumes though!




Charlotte dressed up as a cute 18 month old. Clever, eh?


(a note about this picture. see the tooth brush and baby in her arms? she is rarely without one of these. she carries them all over the house. she comes to me with her toothbrush and toothpaste and hands it to me so that I'll put the toothpaste on the toothbrush for her. then she walks around "brushing her teeth" endlessly)

(another note about this picture. those of you who know me well know that the fact that she loves her "baby" makes me break out into a HUGE grin. this was SOO me as a child. in fact, this picture might bring a tear to my daddy's eyes.)

For those of you following Brennan's all natural diet, Halloween was easy-shmeezy! I really couldn't believe how well it went. In fact, he really acted as if it were no big deal. I signed up to bring treats for his school party (along with several other parents). So he was excited about the snack I brought and didn't even ask for any of the other food there. That night, I had bought a few organic candies, and when he came back from trick-or-treating he just traded all the candy he had received for the all natural candy. He loved it and was perfectly happy!

No comments: