Friday, November 5, 2010

Punch Your Momma Pumpkin Bars

These Pumpkin Bars are so good they'll make you want to punch your momma. Seriously, you must try them.
First I have to give credit where credit is due. This recipe comes from one of the spunkiest ladies I know. Kim is a great family friend and raised a daughter that is one of my dear friends. When we were on the road with the pool boys we loved stopping in Goodland, KS because Kim would always feed us. And man can this woman cook! Kim made these for us one time when we were there.

Pumpkin Bars
1 c oil
2 c sugar
2 c pumpkin
4 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon
2 c flour (I use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all, put in greased sheet cake pan (or jelly roll pan).
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes

Frosting (this makes more than enough!)
8 oz cream cheese
1 c butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 3/4 c powdered sugar
milk if needed for consistency

Mix all and spread on COOLED bars.

1 comment:

Kathryn O. said...

ooohhhh! YUM! I love ANYTHING with pumpkin in it! pumpkin bread, pumpkin latte's, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin everything! so I am going to give these bars a go around tomorrow morning as soon as I get off work! yay! thank you for making my weekend 17x better! = )

~K