Saturday, September 18, 2010

Talking Tom

Have you guys seen the Talking Tom app for your phone/ipod?

Charlotte is obsessed! It's basically a cat that copies everything you say. It also responds when you pinch him, tickle him, etc. I've been listening to Charlotte play with this for the last 15 minutes. She's hysterical! It's clear she understands that the cat says exactly what she says, but I think there is part of her that doesn't understand the cat ONLY says what she says. There is a disconnect happening somewhere (or developmentally her brain can't comprehend this). So at times she thinks the cat is talking to her.
I don't know if I can convey the funniness in words, but I'll give it a try. Here is some of what she's saying.

I asked her to please stop screaming. She looked at me so seriously, pointed to the ipod, and said "but he's screaming too".

She keeps saying "I can't hear you, can you say that again?" (the cat repeats, she repeats, the cat repeats, she repeats, it's a vicious cycle!)

She says "what's your name?" the cat repeats her, she says "no I want to know YOUR name!"

She thought the cat was too loud (instead of turning the volume down) she asked the cat to be quiet, the cat told her to be quiet, she said "but I'm not being loud, you are!"

Really folks, this is hysterical. If you have a phone or ipod that does apps, go get this one! It is so worth the fun!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Larious!
I love it.
No, You be quiet!

Love,
Aunt Whipeee