Monday, October 6, 2008

making do (or is it due?)

I haven't been to the grocery store in over a week. I usually do my shopping on Mondays but it just hasn't happened today. So it's slim pickin's around here. The boys weren't approving of the after school snack options I was giving them so I had to get creative.
Warm, pumpkin shaped biscuits with butter and honey.....ummmmm, my creativity is getting better and better tasting.

Here's the recipe I used (from THIS blog I enjoy reading)

*****************************************
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 - 1 cup heavy cream (or much as needed)

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add in the heavy cream until your dough is slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface 10-15 times to make a soft ball. Roll out to 3/4 inch thickness; cut into biscuits. Place biscuits on a cookie sheet, close together but without touching. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Now, if you want to use butter, substitute the heavy cream with 3/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup of butter, cut in with a pastry knife. Proceed with the next steps.
****************************************

I do not normally have heavy cream on hand so I used the butter/milk option. SO easy, SO simple and SO yummy!

No comments: