Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ready

I woke up today and said to myself "self, today would be a good day to have a baby". I've had a lot of contractions, but nothing consistent. I'm also having a lot of pressure in my pelvis, but I won't say any more about that. So my hopes are high, but one can only wait and see.

So, here's my question for you. What have you tried (or heard of) to get your babies to make their way out? Yes, I know spicy food and castor oil, but what else? I can't say I'm open to ANYTHING, but I'm not afraid to try something new.

So, bring on the suggestions......

*******************************************************

On a completely different note, the weather is beautiful here today. But I forgot that the first few nice days of "spring" usually involve lots of MUD. Ugggg. Seriously, my poor floors. The boys played outside this afternoon. I made them strip in the garage before coming inside. They are suffering the wrath of their nesting mother. I want clean floors and empty hampers when I leave for the hospital. Is this too much to ask?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Besides TIME, I assume? (Which let's face it, is the only way.)

Walking...and it is a beautiful day to do it!

Hope for your sake it is soon and all goes well!!

Jen Shear said...

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/labor_inducing_labor.html

I'll just leave this website to check out...I tried EVERYTHING with Alison.

JenniferN said...

my doctor said "the three Ws. walking, waiting and whoopee." was that too much info? :)

jen neuschafer

Ashley McWhorter said...

Walking, Sex and Pedicures. Hey, you asked!! :)

Tamara said...

Although I agree with the ladies above. Her is the Homebirth Midwife trick.
4 oz Castor Oil
4 oz Vodka
4 oz Orange Juice
Mix and Slam.
Repeat after 6 hours if no baby.
I have never had to repeat yet. :)