Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We're Gonna Be Late

For years now I've been using some rendition of the words "Hurry up kids, we're gonna be late". I really enjoy being on time, or even a couple minutes early, so having kids has really cramped my style.

"Hustle up, we're gonna be late."
"Go, Go, Go, we're gonna be late."
"Let's move kids, we're gonna be late."
"Get your booty in the car, we're gonna be late."
"Honey could you please move a little faster, we're gonna be late."

They all mean the same thing. Mom doesn't want to be late!

Calvin is my quintessential pokey little puppy. His head is usually somewhere in the clouds, making him move especially slow. He is often the receiver of my encouraging "hurry up" words. Today, headed to preschool, I said to Calvin "hurry and buckle Cal, we're going to be late".

He looked at me and kindly asked "mom, what does late mean?"
*
*
*
*
*

Talk about wasted words all these years!
So, the question is, now that he knows the meaning of the word "late" do you think he'll move any faster?
Hmmmm, I think not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. Good laugh!
WG