Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reproof?

Last night the kids were eating cheese sticks on the couch just before bedtime. In keeping with the theme, everything in life is a competition, Calvin finishes his cheese and says in a sing-song voice, "I'm done first". And then Brennan promptly responded with "you know Calvin, the first shall be last and the last shall be first." I'm not sure if Calvin was impressed with Brennan's (inaccurate) command of scripture or if he really believed him, but the argument stopped right there. I just sat and stared not wanting to mess up the moment.

That's when I decided that even when my children take scripture WAY out of context it's so nice to hear the Word of God come from their mouths. Seriously, I think I heard trumpets in the distance. Does this mean they are listening to us? Surely not.

At a later date I'm sure we'll discuss the actual meaning of that verse in Matthew 19. But for now I think I'll enjoy my kids using scripture to set each other straight.

No comments: