Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Oh yes, my blog

Hey there!  Yes, I did forget I had a blog.  Thank you for asking.  I'm not going to attemp to "catch up".  In fact the feeling that I need to "catch up" is, in fact, the reason it's been so long since I've posted.  So I'm sitting down tonight with the goal of posting SOMETHING, that's all.  

Did you forget what my kids looked like?  Well, here they are...




Since my last post we've had 2 birthday's. So they are 2, 4, and 6 years old. And no, we did NOT plan it that way.

It's been awhile since we've had a family picture that did not include a very postpartum me. So I was happy to get a good one at Easter. I made the boys keep their "church clothes" on after church until we got to Grandma's house. You'd have thought I was ripping their toenails off. But I really wanted a picture to prove they have khaki pants! Once the picture had been taken it took them .5 seconds to change into their "basketball clothes".


We're doing a little remodeling in our house. I promise to post pictures soon (hee hee, no really). We, and by we I mean Tyler, ripped out some cabinets and a countertop in our kitchen. Above where the counter had been was a cork board. The woman who lived in the house before us, Irene, probably had quite a few things tacked up on her cork board. Important notes, coupons, telephone numbers. You know, important stuff. She probably got really miffed when things disappeared from her cork board too. She may have even turned the house upside down looking for those things. Well Irene, little did you know that there was the slightest gap between the counter and the wall just under that cork board. And when we took out the countertop we found all that important stuff you thought was lost forever! All of them about 30 years old, slightly yellowed and very humorous to us. Here's an add for a pizza place in town.

Can you imagine getting a Large Pizza for just $3.99? Mine would have Sausage, green pepper, onion, mushroom, and black olives on it. What would you put on yours?

OK, that's it. Riveting, I know. But I've met my goal. I posted SOMETHING and that's better than nothing.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Yah! She is back!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you. I was beginning to give up hope and think that you were one of those that consider Facebook to be "the new blog".

kellie said...

ok - so yes we do the Toothfairie but I am not very good at remebering. And my pizza would be hamburger (or sausage), mushrooms,red pepper and onion.