Friday, November 20, 2009

Award Winning Momma

Yup, I'm going for the Mother Of The Year award here.

I've been buzzing my boy's heads for years now. Usually in the driveway or in the bathtub if it's cold outside. So this morning, just like I have many times before, I stripped Calvin down and stood him in the tub. Plugged the trimmers in, cleaned them off, and vroom, made a strip just right of center, down his head. OH MY WORD!!!!! I forgot to put a guard on!!!

I just stood there. I couldn't figure out whether to laugh or cry. After a few moments I chose laugh, it is after all just hair (and a 4 year old who doesn't know the difference between good hair and bad hair).

So here were the results.



My 2 choices were...
1. Go ahead and shave him bald
2. Offer a mohawk

As a sidenote let me say this. I'm not a fan of mohawks on children. It's one thing if the child really wants one and it's the kids idea. But when parents give their small child a mohawk it makes me think the child is just a pawn in the "I'm a Cool Parent" game. *stepping off soapbox now*

So Calvin chose a mohawk. Feeling I'd done enough harm at this point I loaded the kids in the car and went to someone slightly more professional than I. Thank you Super Cuts.

Here's the after.




It's a good thing this child of mine is so cute. Maybe that will make up for the fact that his mother is losing it.

5 comments:

MrsMama said...

ha HA HAA ha. Opps, I probably shouldn't laugh but... I can't help it!

So glad you got a picture. And I'm glad it happened AFTER our family photo time. :)

Ashley McWhorter said...

HAHA, that is funny. I think I would have cried! Good thing you already had those family pictures made. HA!! :) Which, by the way, are fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are obviously the coolest mom ever now that your kid has a mohawk! I'm cutting Nate's hair tonight...dare I? Nope, not cool enough. = )

Heather Dillon said...

Absolutely hilarious! He looks too cool! :)

Katie said...

Totally giggling over here! I think the mohawk is cute on Cal. :)