Monday, December 1, 2008

What a Week

I apologize for leaving you all hanging like that. I'm sure it's been an agonizing week as you've awaited the results of the contest. Well, you were ALL right, but it's not all that fair since I know everyone that commented. The virtual high-five will go to Sherri though because she hasn't seen my children in years. In fact, I think the last time we were together I was very pregnant with Calvin (is that right sherri?).

Anyway, Calvin (3) is on the left and Brennan (5) is on the right. B is still taller than Cal (although Cal outweighs him), but he has longer legs and Cal has a longer torso. So when they're sitting Calvin looks like he's taller. Quite funny.

So here's the reason I didn't post a conclusion last Sunday like I said I would...I was in the hospital with Charlotte! UGGGGGG. All day Saturday she had the symptoms of a run of the mill cold. But by Saturday night she couldn't breathe very well. Her diaphragm was working so hard but she was struggling to move air through her lungs. She couldn't sleep so I held her for a couple of hours just watching her and praying that she would begin to breathe easier. At about 11:00pm her nostrils started to flare with each breath (that's the tell tale sign all you moms out there) so I took her into the ER. Her oxygen saturation levels were very low and she was getting pale and listless. To make a long story short she had bronchitis and her lungs just couldn't take it. Her doctor admitted her and we stayed until Monday. It was a VERY LONG 36 hours. With all the drugs in her system she couldn't sleep at all and she was terrified every time a nurse came close.

But all is well now. She is still a little sicky and fussy, but she's breathing! We came home from the hospital and went full force into a week of Thanksgiving celebrations. It was a great way to end a week that started out pretty scary.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, we had a great one! This year we were with Tyler's side of the family. His dad's on Thursday and his mom's of Friday. Yes, back to back turkey dinners. I really shouldn't eat again until Christmas. We have much to be thankful for. We woke up on Thursday morning and sat in our jammies on the living room floor with the kids and asked them what they were thankful for. They gave many answers like our house, our toys, our family, all great answers. We are abundantly blessed in material ways. But as we shared with our kids, those things all pale in comparison to our real reason for thankfulness. We are loved by a God who sent His Son to die for us. We are thankful because Christ has made us thankful! In the words of Calvin "I am fankful that Jesus died".

2 comments:

Sherri Lavender said...

Yes, you WERE pregnant with Calvin when we saw you last. I actually just found a picture on my cell phone last week of Brennan and Jonah together that day.

Tamara said...

I am so glad to hear that she is doing better now. We had a scare like that with Vinny a month or two ago. Very scary. So glad all is well!