Monday, March 9, 2009

Looking Forward

Ever notice how time goes by so slowly when you don't have much on the horizon? January and February are usually like that for me, slow. Then spring begins to creep closer, the calendar begins to fill and all of a sudden time is cruising along again. Here are some things I'm looking forward to.

Tyler and I are attending A Weekend To Remember marriage conference this weekend. (read: hotel, no kids!!)

We're headed to Nashville for spring break. So excited for a road trip and GREAT friends.

Nicer weather means an end to coats (stuffed into carseats) hats, gloves, etc. Actually I gave up on the hats and gloves before Christmas, but just getting rid of the coat pile is thrilling!

KIDS PLAYING OUTSIDE!

KIDS PLAYING OUTSIDE it's worth repeating!

I love having my windows open so that I can hear my wind-chimes outside.

I am so ready for flip-flops. Although a pedicure might be in order. I'm not kidding when I say there is a sliver of red polish on each of my big toes....leftover from the last time they were painted (August, I think?). The upside is that I know exactly how quickly my toenails grow :)

It seems our entire family (both sides) has spring birthdays. Yeah for birthday parties (and cake)!

This was a pretty lame post. I promise to make it up with cute pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Conn and I went to the Weekend to Remember conference a couple of years ago. It was really good and a great getaway. We did however, take advantage of being in a hotel with NO kiddos and skipped out on some of the sessions. Oops...did I just say that? HA! ;)