Monday, June 18, 2007
Ode to Tyler
Happy Fathers Day! My kids have been blessed by, quite possibly, the best daddy on the planet. Here are the top 10 reasons why Tyler is such a great dad.....
10. He has more patience in his big toe than I have in my whole body.
9. He makes great truck noises (way better than mine!).
8. He'll let Brennan play drums while he plays electric guitar (when all he wants is a little practice time on the drums).
7. Even when it's an hour past bedtime he'll still say "yes" when Brennan wants to read the longest kid book we have.
6. He's never shyed away from a poopy diaper.
5. He lets the boys wear whatever they want when he's dressing them (even if it means staying in PJ's).
4. He stays home with the kids so I can grocery shop BY MYSELF!!!
3. He'll let the boys "help" him mow the lawn even though it takes an hour longer.
2. He makes up funny songs with their names.
1. Every morning when our kids wake up they know they'll walk into the kitchen and see their daddy with a cup of coffee and his bible. "And whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Col 3:17
I love you baby. Thanks for all you do.